This bowl is packed with antioxidant-rich ingredients, making it the perfect indulgence. Frozen acai puree packs can be found in most health food stores.Yields: 1-2 bowls
- 3.5 oz. frozen acai puree (unsweetened)
- ½ large orange, peeled
- ½ medium lemon, peel included
- 1 c. frozen berries (any)
- 2 Tbsp. red palm oil*
- ½ – 1 c. pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, or coconut water
- Banana or other fruit slices
- Nuts or seeds
- Coconut flakes or “granola”
- Soften the acai puree in warm water for 2-3 minutes, or until it’s easy to break apart. Chop the orange and lemon and add them to a blender with the softened acai, frozen berries, and red palm oil.
- Add 1/2 cup of your liquid of choice (pomegranate juice is a personal favorite). Blend on low speed for 30 seconds. If the blender gets stuck, add small amounts of liquid until it blends smoothly. This bowl is best enjoyed with a thick, sorbet-like puree. Blending too long or adding too much liquid will yield a more smoothie-like consistency. Scraping down the sides helps to ensure the red palm oil is mixed in thoroughly.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with your favorite fresh toppings.
*Note: red palm oil is a saturated fat that’s very high in carotenes, a type of antioxidant. It lends a delicious, light carrot taste and a creamy texture to this puree.