This salad is best enjoyed after the dressing has had a chance to soften the vegetables for about 30 minutes. It stays crisp and the flavors only get better with time, making it a great prepare-ahead side dish.Yields: 4 servings (as a side dish)
Ingredients For :The Dressing :
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise (homemade, if possible)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ small head napa cabbage
- 1 fennel bulb (with fronds)
- 1 medium celery root, peeled
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 6 small mint leaves, minced
- ½ c. chopped basil
- 3 oz. prosciutto
- 2 peaches or nectarines, sliced
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well until it’s smooth and set it aside for later.
- Shred the napa cabbage, fennel, and celery root with the shredding attachment of a food processor (or thinly slice with a knife). Toss them together in a large bowl with the julienned carrots, mint, and basil. Tear the prosciutto into thin strips and add them to the bowl along with the sliced peaches.
- Pour the dressing over top of the slaw and stir well.