It is bright yellow in color and has a powerful flavor. Many Indian recipes, particularly curries and rice dishes, contain turmeric as a prominent component. In Ayurvedic medicine, it is also utilized. A quick and delicious way to enjoy this amazing spice is with turmeric rice.
Rice is cooked with turmeric and other spices to create turmeric rice. It can be eaten as a main entrée or as a side dish. Your supper will taste delicious and be nutritious if you serve turmeric rice.
Tips for Turmeric Rice
A great and nutritious way to enhance your rice meal is with turmeric rice. One of the many health advantages of turmeric is that it naturally reduces inflammation. It is a wonderful addition to any rice meal as a result. To prepare rice with turmeric, follow these tips:
Use brown or white rice.
- Prior to cooking, rinse the rice.
- To the cooking water, add turmeric.
- To create a fine powder, use a spice grinder.
- Taste and add additional spices.
How To Make Turmeric Rice?
Turmeric Rice Recipe
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup onion very little dice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf dried
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Rinse the rice in clear water, then drain.
- Add butter and olive oil to a medium saucepan set over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to melted butter and cook until tender.
- Turmeric and rice are added. Stir everything together. Cover pan and add the bay leaf and chicken broth. Bring to a boil by turning up the heat.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Take the food off the heat and let it sit for five minutes. To serve, take out the bay leaf and fluff with a fork.